Sunday, October 24, 2010

Growing Old

When I look in the mirror I don't see an older person, I see me. The same way I have always seen me. Other than a few grays and a couple extra pounds, I see the same person I saw when I looked in the mirror during my high school days. I like to believe I have more knowledge and common sense then I did during that time period, maybe I am a bit more thoughtful of others, and a lot more charitable, but overall the same person. That all changes when I go to the doctor. When i went i had a few aches and pains. When I leave his office I usually have a new medication or 2. By the time he gets done telling me all about my limitations I feel like my grandfather. When I get home and look in the mirror I see the same me I saw this morning. Can someone tell me how I lost 20 years in the Docs office and then gained them back by the time I got home????? I am curious, when I am 80 will I still see the teenager in the mirror???

2 comments:

Patty said...

I think this highlights the difference between men and women. When I look in the mirror I notice every sign of aging, and am completely aware of how time is affecting my body. I guess it's lucky for me that you don't notice aging because you seem to think I look the same as I did 18 years ago too, and that's a plus!

Louann and Bari said...

Well, first off -- WELCOME!
So, about your old age thing. I am older than you (yes, I know you Love that!), and it DOESN'T get any better. Ha-
I am the opposite about the mirror thing. I think I am ok- then look in the mirror and realize how old I am getting. When I am around 30 -40 year old women, I just think I am that same age, but then realize (in some cases) I COULD BE THEIR MOTHER!
Yuck. Oh well - - - -. WELCOME-. I am looking forward to more posts from you!